Frequently asked Questions
- I generally scan slides and negatives at 2400 dpi which creates file sizes around 2700 x1800 pixels (roughly equivalent to a photo from a 5 mega-pixel camera). That’s big enough to print enlargements to A4 size Printed photos are scanned at 600 dpi and while it is quite a large scan any prints made from the scans are best printed to the same size as the original print.
- I believe that technology is changing rapidly and it is important to allow for these changes. High resolutions today might not be so high even in the near future. High definition TV’s are the standard and we don’t want you to have to scan your slides again.
- I can scan at 3200 dpi or 4200 dpi for slides and negatives or scan prints at 600 dpi for extra scans that can be printed to larger sizes.
- I save the photos as high quality JPEG files which is compatible with all software.
- Around 250 JPEG photos will fit on one CD and around 1200 JPEG photos will fit on one DVD. Heaps on a USB
The only difference between a CD of photos and a DVD of photos is the quantity that each can hold.
- Most DVD players will play a CD or DVD of photos. You can flick through the images by using the control. If your DVD player won’t do this I can also provide a DVD slideshow which will definitely work. or put on USB
- I will usually complete small orders (under 500 photos) within 7 day’s of receiving your order depending on the size of your order and the volume of work that I have. For larger orders you can contact me for an estimated time frame.
- I am quite happy to do most of the preparation for you. However, if you would like to have the photos in a certain order please sort them into this order. From oldest to newest. It looks bad when you are looking at a slideshow and someone is about 15 and the next slide they are back to 1 or 2.
- I can get great results from old slides. I use Dust Removal, Grain Reduction software and Colour Restoration where possible on all formats. I can also do DIGITAL ICE this gives you higher quality But requires a long scan time and will cost a little more.
- I realise how important these memories are to you. I take the utmost care and so far nothing has been lost or damaged.
- I only use Express Post or Platinum Post. Both of these options are tracked by Australia Post however Platinum Post has the extra level of security of requiring a signature on delivery. The price for Express Post is $7.40 for orders under 500g or $10.50 for orders up to 3kg. For heavier orders please contact me and I can give you a quote. (this is the price at this time it may change at any time you can ask at your post office )
- I will pick up and deliver on the Central Coast for all orders over $150.00 Free. Or for a small fee on all smaller orders to cover motor Vehicle Expenses. Please contact me to arrange.